Release Notes on F15

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Thu Mar 24 21:11:03 UTC 2011

I loaded up the nightly builds of F15, GNOME, XFCE and KDE on VMs to see
what kind of surprises were in store when we build the beta RPM.

The first surprise is that on GNOME the Documentation menu is gone, so
there is no place on the menu for the Release Notes. Got to decide what
to do there.

On KDE, we had put the Release Notes on the system menu, and it is still
there.  But I got a nasty surprise when I launched it.  Take a look at
the image at the link below.  KDE is in the foreground and GNOME behind
it.

http://jjmcd.fedorapeople.org/Pictures/F15-nightly-RNs.png

We have some options on GNOME for the Release Notes (but maybe not for
docs in general), but I don't know what to make of the Konqueror
rendering of the Release Notes.

Everything worked fine on XFCE.

--McD