An introduction and a task looking for sponsor

姜宇 (Anthony Jiang) 2nth0nyj at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 02:52:00 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Eric H. Christensen <
sparks at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 10:54:13AM +0800, 姜宇 (Anthony Jiang) wrote:
> > After reading part of Fedora docs,  I see that there is no page
> explaining
> > parameters in ifcfg-wlan0 file just as ifcfg-eth0 does.
> > And I would like to add a page in docs explaining those parameters( such
> as
> > ESSID, CHANNEL, MODE..) in Networking chapter.
>
> Is this the User's Guide?  The best way to get something added is to grab
> the source (located at https://fedorahosted.org) and file a bug in
> bugzilla (https://bugzilla.redhat.com) with a patch that includes your
> added text.
>
> I checked it again.  In Fedora 14 and 15, it's in the Deployment Guide,
Chapter 4 and Chapter 6, respectively. Both named Interface Configuration
File.   In Fedora 16, it's in the System Administrators Guide. Only
ifcfg-eth0 exists, and I wish to add a page for ifcfg-wlan0.
Anyway, I would file a bug in bugzilla, download the source and work out a
patch later.

Have you gone through the steps for joining the Docs project (
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_contribute_to_Docs)?
>
> Yes, I've read through the steps. And I would start killing open bug.
Could anyone sponsor me on that?

> - -- Eric

> Eric H Christensen        eric at christensenplace.us
> "Sparks"                  sparks at fedoraproject.org