Proposal for a new process for publishing Fedora docs translations

Valentin Laskov laskov at festa.bg
Tue Nov 22 14:28:13 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Petr Kovar" <pkovar at redhat.com>
To: <docs at lists.fedoraproject.org>; <trans at lists.fedoraproject.org>
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2011 10:10 PM
Subject: Proposal for a new process for publishing Fedora docs translations

| PROPOSAL
|
| The proposal is to create a new Bugzilla component and a group of
| default assignees for publishing translations to docs.fedoraproject.org.
|
| The group is consisted of members of the docs-publishers group (and
| possibly also other people interested).
|
| To get the translations published, Fedora translators are first required to
| file a bug against the proposed component. This applies to any translation
| of any document hosted on docs.fedoraproject.org. Then the members of the
| proposed group resolve the bug by publishing the requested translation.

Hi all!

My opinion is that the process must be automated like fpo main site. Manual publishing is slowly and unreliable:
- changes in Release notes, made two weeks ago, are not published yet, even in English
- I filed a bug against Burning Iso Images and Live Images. Still waiting.
- There are previously translated in BG docs that I changed 3m2w ago, but changes does not applied.

I know, this may not be easy, but this is the way, I think.

Regards!
Valentin Laskov