Release Notes Dedication

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Mon Oct 24 14:31:53 UTC 2011

At the Docs meeting this morning it was decided to include a short
dedication to Dennis Ritchie in the Release Notes.

I've drafted the prose below.  Please review it QUICKLY and pass along
any suggestions.  We need to send POTs to L10N today, so whatever I have
by this afternoon is what will be in the Release Notes.

--McD

1. Dedicated to Dennis Ritchie

During the preparation of Fedora 16, the computing world lost one of
it's great contributors; Dennis Ritchie. Ritchie co-invented Unix and
the C language. He also co-authored "The C Programming Language", a book
that taught many programmers just at the time personal computing was
exploding. Without Ritchie computing would be nothing like it is today.

A humble man, not well-known outside his field, Dennis will always be
remembered by those of us who practice the craft. Thank you Dennis.