Two questions for Fedora translators

Nathan Thomas nathan at afternoondust.co.uk
Mon Sep 5 13:37:11 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-09-05 at 01:04 +0200, Petr Kovar wrote:

> On another note, I was wondering what is Fedora translators' opinion on
> not publishing docs translations that are below a certain threshold level,
> say 15% or 25%?
>
> I realized it would be worth asking you translators while I was working on
> updating POT files and syncing translations for the Deployment Guide, since
> the most complete translation for this guide is currently at ca. 10%.

I *think* the general rule we've been working to is that we'll publish
anything that's 70% or more translated. However, there are some
translation teams that have requested exceptions to this in the past —
sometimes they do not want a document published until it is 100%
translated, other times they want it published even if it is below 70%
done. As ever, these things are always up for discussion!

Nathan