Removing the Fedora Release Notes from the releases.

David Nalley david.nalley at fedoraproject.org
Sun Sep 11 23:02:32 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 6:47 PM, Eric Christensen
<eric at christensenplace.us> wrote:
> On Sep 11, 2011 3:59 PM, "Robert &apos;Bob&apos; Jensen"
> <bob at fedoraunity.org> wrote:
>>

>> ----- "Nathan Thomas" <nathan at afternoondust.co.uk> wrote:
>> > I guess we're the wrong people to ask really, as most of us are
>> > generally familiar with the Release Notes content well before the
>> > release!
>> >
>> > Which users would be most likely to use the packaged release notes? Is
>> > there any way we can get their feedback on this?
>> >
>> > Nathan
>>
>> Take a look in the list archives, this topic has been discussed in the
>> past and I believe that the arguments for keeping the release notes still
>> apply.
>>
>> -- Bob

> Bob,
> Specifically which arguments apply.  We already make the Release Notes
> available in multiple formats on our website and thousands of people view
> them there now.
>
> There is a basic cost-benefit issue here.  There is considerable cost in the
> packaging process in terms of time and bandwidth that could be better used
> in other ways including improving the Release Notes and other documents.
>
> --Eric

So personally, I think this comes down to the people(person) doing the
work. Largely that's been John. If he wants to continue to package
this and spend the time and effort in doing so, I am happy for that to
happen. If on the other hand, he doesn't, then he should stop IMO. If
it is really important to someone else they are always free to pick it
up and do that work.

--David