Docs summary/update for L10n?

Petr Kovar pkovar at redhat.com
Tue Apr 24 17:27:40 UTC 2012

Hey,

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 09:23:07 -0400
Ben Cotton <bcotton at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 4:06 AM, Kévin Raymond
> <shaiton at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > As a translator coordinator and a docs member/publisher, even by
> > reading (not all) meeting minutes, I have a hard time to know the
> > guide status… I can't even imagine for other translators.
> >
> The guide status table on the wiki is, for better or for worse, the
> most authoritative source we have. Hopefully this message will spring
> guide owners into action. If not, we'll have to go around knocking on
> people's doors. If you haven't seen any responses from guide owners by
> tomorrow morning (Eastern), let me know and we'll just start pushing
> whatever exists in the repos. :-)

Kévin, thanks for letting us know.

Guide owners, please remember to update the lang_map list of language
codes in your .tx/config file, there have been some recent additions to the
list of Fedora translation teams. The updated list is available at:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Setting_up_a_document_with_Transifex

Also, the configuration of the source files (aka resources) has changed
recently: when setting up a new Transifex project, you have to add the line
"type = PO" to each resource listed in the .tx/config file. For example:

[fedora-release-notes.Amateur_Radio]
file_filter = <lang>/Amateur_Radio.po
source_file = pot/Amateur_Radio.pot
source_lang = en
type = PO

This is now also documented on the wiki page mentioned above.

If you have a recent version of the transifex-client, simply run:

tx set -t PO

Thanks,
--
Petr Kovar