Docs summary/update for L10n?

Kévin Raymond shaiton at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 26 15:25:48 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 3:23 PM, Ben Cotton <bcotton at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 4:06 AM, Kévin Raymond
> <shaiton at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> As a translator coordinator and a docs member/publisher, even by
>> reading (not all) meeting minutes, I have a hard time to know the
>> guide status… I can't even imagine for other translators.
>>
> The guide status table on the wiki is, for better or for worse, the
> most authoritative source we have. Hopefully this message will spring
> guide owners into action. If not, we'll have to go around knocking on
> people's doors. If you haven't seen any responses from guide owners by
> tomorrow morning (Eastern), let me know and we'll just start pushing
> whatever exists in the repos. :-)

Ping :)

What is REALLY urgent now is the Release Notes (the Guide Status tell
us that only the RN for F15 are ready for translations… Guys, you're
one year on late!)
I've reported two changes without having filled a ticket (yeah, it
takes time), reminder:
- Default fedora download is now x86_64, that could change few strings
(RN or installation guide)
- firewalld is deferred to F18 (see https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/838)

What I propose, is to have a mandatory git TAG in all guides to
auto-update this guide table:
- "L10n", we check the last branch having this tag and we auto-update the table
Or something like that.

(Oh, I know what it is, I can't track all my own tasks)

--
Kévin Raymond
(shaiton)