Error occurred when trying to make a draft release notes PDF

John J. McDonough wb8rcr at arrl.net
Mon Apr 30 13:16:37 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-04-30 at 20:01 +0800, Tiansworld wrote:
> On 04/30/2012 07:49 PM, Kévin Raymond wrote:
> >
> > Hi, you should work on the F17 branch I think.
> > Please do `git branch -a` in order to check the branch name,
> >
> > and then `git checkout F17`
> > Then the build should work.
> >
> > @team, correct me if I am wrong :)
> >

> I tried git pull f17, seems there is no difference between f17 and
> master. And I got the same error when I run publican build.
>
> Perhaps this only occurs in zh_CN, there is no error when I tried to
> build the PDFs for zh_TW and ja-JP.

Frequently, and it seems to happen more often with languages that use
non-Latin character sets, the error is in the PO file rather than the
XML.

However, zh-CN worked last night, so that might not be the issue unless
you did some translations immediately before building.

you don't "pull" f17, the process is:

  git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/docs/release-notes.git
  git checkout --track -b f17 origin/f17
  tx pull -a
  publican build -l zh-CN -f pdf

--McD