New process for publishing Fedora docs translations (was: Proposal for a new process...)

Petr Kovar pkovar at redhat.com
Wed Jan 18 00:17:34 UTC 2012

Hi Fedora translation and docs members,

Let's make the proposal official. I've revised the Fedora Localization
Guide to reflect the changes.

Refer to the following guide section or scroll down:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Guide#Publishing_Docs

Publishing Docs

When your doc translation is ready to be published on the Fedora
Documentation website, make a formal request for publishing the translation
by following these steps:

1/ File a bug against the publishing-requests component of the Fedora
Documentation product in Bugzilla. In the description field, remember to
mention the document name and language version you want to publish. If you
wish to publish multiple documents at once, file a separate bug for each of
the documents.

2/ Members of the docs-publishers FAS group will be notified of
your request and will get your translation published. Once the translation
gets published, they will close the bug for you.

Note #1: Alternative way to publish translations

The process mentioned above doesn't affect the translation teams that
already publish their docs translations. Only the translation teams that
lack necessary manpower or knowledge to publish docs on the Fedora
Documentation website are required to file bugs in Bugzilla to publish
their docs translations.

Note #2: Become a member of the docs-publishers FAS group

If you would like to help out with the publishing process and become a
member of the docs-publishers FAS group, contact the Docs Project. To make
the whole process faster, translation teams are advised to have at least one
member in the docs-publishers FAS group to take care of the team's
publishing requests.

Should you have any questions or comments, please ask on the trans and/or
docs list.

Thanks,
Petr Kovar