FUDCon Docs Hack System alpha unleashed!

Sitapati das / Joshua J Wulf sitapati at worldsankirtan.net
Tue Jun 12 16:20:12 UTC 2012

K, the system is ready for its alpha release.

Fully operation installation, replete with lavish instructions on its
deployment and use:
https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws.com/topic-based/docshack-alpha-1.zip

Just unzip, write, and profit!

Source codes:
https://github.com/jwulf/fudcon-docs-hack

Actually, there have been a lot of changes since the FUDCon. I made it work
with multiple books and embedded the book inside the app server, changed
the css, etc.

It hasn't had a lot of testing, but I want to get it out as soon as
possible, and that's now.

Give it a whirl and let me know what you run into, any questions or
suggestions that you have. There is a bugzilla link in the server
interfacee so that you can look at the currently open bugs and feature
requests, and also can open new bugs and RFEs.

Currently you can export any book that you create in the server to a
standard publican book and check it into svn / git / some other system.

Things I am planning to implement in the near futures:

1. Live preview of the rendered docbook while you edit.
2. The ability to export topics and books so that they can be transported
between systems.
3. Possibly the ability to build using topics from multiple systems.

MOLON LABE!