Wrong author name in git commit

E Deon Lackey dlackey at redhat.com
Wed Mar 14 22:53:00 UTC 2012

Yes, there is a way to change that. You can do...
$ git config --global user.name "Romain Forlot "
$ git config --global user.email "rforlot at yahoo.com"

...to reset your email and username preferences. That will always do
'git commit' as "Romain Forlot <rforlot at yahoo.com>."

You can also do....

$ git commit -a -m "message" --author Romain Forlot <rforlot at yahoo.com>

--author overrides whatever the config setting is.

HTH,
Deon

P.S. Those only apply to new commits; I don't know of a way to edit an
existing commit.