Wrong author name in git commit

alick alick9188 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 14:22:21 UTC 2012

于 2012年03月16日 21:21, Romain Forlot 写道:
> I don't understand what is going on...
> That's what I have in global git variables :
> # git config --global -l
> user.name=Romain Forlot
> user.email=rforlot at yahoo.com
> color.diff=auto
> color.status=auto
> color.branch=auto
>
> And that's my git config file in the cloned repository :
> # cat .git/config
> [core]
> 	repositoryformatversion = 0
> 	filemode = true
> 	bare = false
> 	logallrefupdates = true
> [user]
> 	name = FORLOT Romain
> 	email = rforlot at yahoo.com
> [remote "origin"]
> 	fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
> 	url = ssh://git.fedorahosted.org/git/docs/user-guide.git
> [branch "master"]
> 	remote = origin
> 	merge = refs/heads/master
> [branch "f16"]
> 	remote = origin
> 	merge = refs/heads/f16
>
> # cat ~/.ssh/config
> Host *.fedorahosted.org fedorapeople.org
> User rforlot

The name and email info in .git/config will override the global
settings( in ~/.gitconfig_global). You can get more info by
'git config --help'.

> But when I'm commiting, it always show me wrong user except when I'm
> using 'git commit -a --author "..."' method. At least now, I do a good
> commiting, I think, by following guide to using git in docs project :
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_work_using_git
> And I doesn't see my commit into git repository.
>
> I have configured my ssh public key into my FAS account and is
> corresponding with that of user I'm using to edit files and commiting.
> I do cloning of repository by using ssh link which ask me my
> passphrase. I enter my passphrase, git do cloning fine.
> Then I switch to F16 branche, do my changes and test my commit. But
> see no changes into :
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=docs/user-guide.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/f16

Seems like you have committed your change but do not push it back
to the remote repo. You need to
1. git commit # commit into local repo

Suppose you are in the branch f16, then you should
2. git push origin f16 # push local changes back to remote
                         with the name 'origin' and branch 'f16'

--
alick
Fedora 16 (Verne) user