Release Notes ready for translation

Pete Travis me at petetravis.com
Tue Nov 13 19:43:17 UTC 2012

On Nov 13, 2012 12:13 PM, "Kévin Raymond" <shaiton at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> > There is a "release"  feature on the Transifex management page. I didn't
> > want to break from SOP, but if it does what I think it should, perhaps
we
> > should use it in the future.  I'll test it out on the technical notes
later
> > today.
>
> It does not work like you would expect.
>
> We already have 4 releases: https://fedora.transifex.net/
>  * Fedora Documentation
>  * Fedora Websites
>  * Fedora Uptream Projects
>  * Fedora Main
>
> The "release" is updated MANUALLY by the Fedora Project Hub maintainers.
I used
> to do it time to times. But it is really slow (you need to add each
ressource
> one by one using the online interface)...
> Don't expect it to be up to date.
>
> Currently, a translator has 2 ways to find ressources from a specific
project:
>  * Checking the project itself, like[1]. Here for example some ressources
are
>    out to date. But at least it features them all.
>  * He can get it from a specific release. Like the Fedora Documentation
for
>    example at[2]. But this could clearly be outdated as the maintainer
(me for
> example, as well as you Petr) does not know if there are updated if he is
not
> watching the project. And clearly, we can't watch them all. The project
> maintainer has to ask us to update the release. But they don't. Sometimes
I am

https://fedora.transifex.com/projects/p/fedora/language/en/?project=2060

> --
> Kévin Raymond
> (Shaiton)

I want to make sure I understand the structure, please correct if I'm wrong
:

Resources are paired with a document's pot files, and are a subset of the
Transifex project. Each project is a subset of the Transifex release.
Updating a release requires a maintainer to manually add resources from
each child project.  There is no version-style iteration in the context I
expected.

The manual adding of resources confuses me.  I had some trouble getting tx
set up for this document, and manually generated much of .tx/config. When I
pushed to tx, there were messages about creating new resources. Are you
saying that even though the resources appear in the project, they need to
be added to the release by a more privileged maintainer?

I don't quite understand the part about cleaning the projects, but it will
probably make more sense when I'm looking at Transifex - I'm on a mobile
browser at the moment . Is it something I can/should do?