Just wanted to say hi!

Christopher Antila crantila at fedoraproject.org
Sat Feb 9 17:49:21 UTC 2013

Hi!

Welcome to the Fedora Docs Project. I don't usually write the "welcome"
emails, but here goes...

I think I'm supposed to say "good job" that you found the IRC channel (good
job!) and then suggest that you attend weekly meetings, about which you can
find more information here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Docs_Project_meetings

I do actually suggest you attend meetings, if you can, because it's easy to
find smaller tasks that will help you get an idea of how things work around
here.

Another common way for new contributors to join in is with the Release Notes.
Because these are highly sectionalized, you can work on the parts that
interest you the most. Each section is called a "beat," and you can find out
more from here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Documentation_beats

Also, taking note of your particular interests and abilities, I'm sure you
realize that Fedora has a lot of existing documentation about security-related
topics. Check out a list of all our books here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_guides_table

No doubt you'll also notice that many of our guides haven't been published
with Fedora 18, and that some of the guides in the list have been "branched"
for recent Fedora versions but not published on the website. In particular,
the "Security-Enhanced Linux Guide" hasn't been published since Fedora 13,
even though it was "branched" for Fedora 17!

Publishing our existing documentation may be a good way to get started, if you
wish. Either way, welcome to Docs!

Christopher