Beat Writers for F19

Pete Travis me at petetravis.com
Mon Jan 28 16:07:26 UTC 2013

Hey folks,

Our release notes process begins with writing a `beat`. We chop
changes in the distribution onto chunks of manageable scope, and
volunteer to write about a beat we're familiar with.  We keep a table
at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Documentation_beats to track
beat assignment, although anyone can add content to any beat.

During the last week, I reset the columns used to track publishing
status and added an `*` to everyone's name on the list. The asterisk
has been our convention to indicate an unconfirmed beat assignment or
developer contact.

If you currently contribute to a beat, or you'd like to, please stamp
your name in the table.  Using the timestamp signature "~~~~" will
help differentiate stale assignments from new ones.  Don't wait to see
if someone else will claim a beat if you have an interest in that
space! More hands makes for light work.

After a suitable length of time, I plan to clear out the unconfirmed
beats and replacing the old username in the table with "unassigned".

--Pete Travis
 - Docs Project Leader