Introduction

Michael Clarkson michael at michaelclarkson.net
Thu Jun 6 21:32:10 UTC 2013

I signed up to join the project 2 weeks ago and shortly thereafter went on
vacation before proper introductions were made. Allow me to introduce
myself.

I am Michael Clarkson and I am currently an instructor for Red Hat and
Cloudera, President of a training company, and I have recently filed a new
corporation that will specialize in hardening Linux in the enterprise.

I am currently working on finishing my last 3 RHCA exams and one more to
also lock up my RHCSS. I teach all Red Hat Administration courses below
RH300 and also teach Satellite Server, Virtualization, and SELinux. I will
be adding the new Server Hardening course the second week of July.

I have some development background in BASH, Python, a bit of Java, and
XHTML. I can also write in LaTeX and will, for obvious reasons, be adding
Docbook to my repertoire.

I have been an avid Linux user and administrator since the mid '90s and I
feel it is time to give back to the community that has kept me so well
employed for so long. I felt it best to begin with the docs project as the
software is only as good as the end user's ability to use it. Without solid
documentation even the most powerful tools are useless.

Initially I would like to connect with some of the experienced doc project
members to ensure I have the team's methods and style down. I am here to
learn first, then contribute where my skill set can do the most good.

My GPG info is in my sig and I shall be pouring over the docs wiki to prep
myself.

Cheers everyone. I look forward to working with all of you.
--

Michael J. Clarkson, Jr. - RHCE, RHCI, RHCX, RHCVA, CCAH
GPG: C64364C9