Lowering the participation barrier for Fedora Docs

Chris A. Roberts croberts at cintrixhosting.com
Thu Nov 14 15:58:16 UTC 2013

>I think you hit the issue here. The wiki *should* be the proper location for this kind of information, but do to the current state of the wiki this >good tutorials are lots in a sea of other information. If I recall correctly fedoramagazine.org was intended to have a section for tutorials, but >I don't think that ever got off the ground.

I agree the wiki should be a good spot for this type of information, I am currently working on improving the search functionality of the wiki and categorizing things correctly. As far as the Fedora Magazine site, I know we were tossing the idea around of having a quick tips or question of the week. Last I heard we ran into some issues exporting or running a query to find the question with the best votes. This is still in the works though.

- Chris Roberts