How to manage a sorted list of words in a doc?

Jérôme Fenal jfenal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 16:57:16 UTC 2013

2013/9/17 Eric H. Christensen <sparks at fedoraproject.org>:

> On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 04:24:53PM +0200, Jérôme Fenal wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Currently looking at the translation of the FreeIPA docs, the glossary
>> will pose an interesting challenge: strings in the DocBook XML file
>> are ordered, as those are supposed to be in the alphabetic order.
>
> This is a known problem in Publican.  I thought I'd be able to quickly pull up the BZ ticket that explains this but it seems to be buried in several tickets.  I'll continue looking, though, and will reply back when I find it.
>
> IIRC, the translated text wouldn't be put into an order and would basically be useless.  If you weren't using a Latin or Cyrillic alphabet things just got more wierd.  Of course I'm going off of a memory that is several years old.  Perhaps the latest version of Publican renders this appropriately.

Back again on this ;)

Looking at the latest code in git, it seems that glossary handling
sorts entries according to the locale's collate order.

I need to try that... and figure out who maintains publican in EPEL in
order to update it to the latest version there ;)

Will keep you posted.

Cheers,

Jérôme