documentation for translation

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 20 05:18:12 UTC 2014

(2014年08月19日 22:22), Petr Kovar wrote:
> Hi Noriko and guide owners,
>
> It seems the list of guide owners in the spreadsheet was taken directly from
> the data stored in Tx. The data there does not necessarily reflect
> who is the actual guide owner/maintainer. You can find a more up-to-date
> list at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_guides_table

OH, indeed, you are right.
I've updated the list to reflect. Now a couple of guides taken from Tx
data are not listed in the table provided. Could you mind to check if
they are still active? If so, advise correct owner?

* anaconda-addon-development-guide
* Community Services Infrastructure Security Policy
* Defensive Coding Guide
* Fedora Cookbook
* Fedora Jargon Buster
* Fedora Managing Confined Services
* Fedora Respin Guide
* Fedora RPM Guide
* Fedora Selinux FAQ
* Fedora Selinux Guide
* FreeIPA Management Guide
* rdo docs

> Note that the table also includes links to individual Tx projects, I think
> pretty much all of them are good candidates for migration to Zanata. Again,
> some of them may not be included in the Fedora Project hub in Tx. Others
> are already hosted in Zanata on translate.zanata.org, e.g. the
> Installation Guide.

Ok, thanks. It seems that the move will be smoother.
Please notice that guides on translate.zanata still require to move to
fedora.zanata instance. But documentation and support will be provided
by zanata team, and I believe that the move would be smooth and easy.

> Guide owners, could you please check the information in the table and make
> any necessary changes for your guides?
>
> Just thinking loud here... I guess our guide table - FAS writer accounts
> will require some manual mapping if we want to have all the owners
> assigned to their guides during the migration. Or we could first assign all
> the guides to a number of delegated owners, and then reassign to individual
> guide owners once the migration is complete. Your thoughts?

Thank you so much for your offer!
Yes, it would be great if you can have a few delegated owners.

noriko