Migration to Zanata

Noriko Mizumoto noriko at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 2 06:01:53 UTC 2014

(2014年12月02日 03:41), Petr Kovar wrote:
> Hi Noriko,
>
> On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 14:47:31 +1000
> Noriko Mizumoto <noriko at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
>> (2014年11月28日 04:40), Petr Kovar wrote:

>>> Thanks for the update, Noriko.
>>>
>>> I'm volunteering. I hope more people will step up, though. For the
>>> migration, it would be good to have a team of 3-4 dedicated people to help
>>> alleviate the bottleneck problem when someone becomes unavailable.
>>
>> Hi Petr
>>
>> Thank you so much for your prompt reply!
>> I added you as owner contact for all books. Please advise when more
>> volunteers come up, so that I can add them.
>
> I'll ask around, thanks.
>
>> I will archive the projects on or after F21 GA (archiving will block
>> accepting translation at tx and make the project unsearchable).
>
> Ack.
>
>> Could you please advise the scheduled date for migration whenever ready?
>> We are tracking the projects migration entirely below.
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N_Move_To_Zanata#Packages_to_Migrate
>
>  From looking at the proposed schedule plan, I think we should
> aim for mid-January with the migration. This should give us enough time to
> make sure TX projects have been archived and the translation effort is not
> duplicated. Thoughts?

Sure, it would be nice to have clear dates, so that I can inform to
translators. If preferred, projects under docs group (aka books) in Tx
can be archived by yourself at your preferred timing. Let me know.

For software, there are 76 projects to migrate. Having some input from
developer, I have approached dev team with two options, 1) delegate
auto-migration to zanata team or 2) manual self migration. Assuming
majority of projects choose option 1), we need to schedule the migration
work load to spread across Dec and Jan. All projects under main and
upstream group (aka software) may be archived on same date.

Once all the dates for Software, Documentation and Websites are
scheduled, I will inform to translators.

Thanks
noriko