Beats season is upon us, go claim yours!

Petr Bokoc pbokoc at redhat.com
Tue Jul 8 14:31:02 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

It's finally time for us to start working on release notes for Fedora
21. Therefore, I would like to ask everyone to check the beat
assignments table on the wiki[1] and:

* If your name is in the table and has an asterisk (*) next to it,
either remove the asterisk if you want to work on this beat, or remove
your name if you want to leave it to someone else
* If you see a beat which you would like to help with, add your name to
the table

After you do that, you should start going through the list of accepted
change proposals[2], requesting info from developers, etc. You know the
drill.

If you don't actually know the drill, or you need a refresher course on
how to beat, the wiki has some basic info[3]. If you have any questions
not answered on this page, feel free to ping people in the #fedora-docs
chanel on Freenode, or you can send an e-mail asking for help to this list.

At the same time, I'd like to ask all beat writers to subscribe to the
relnotes-content mailing list[4], if you aren't already. Ideally, devs
will set the appropriate flags in Bugzilla when they submit something
that they think belongs to the release notes, so it can save you some
work, and help you keep track of changes. (Note that this won't be 100%
reliable, so don't rely *only* on this list.)

And finally, I'd also like to direct everyone's attention to
randomuser's Beats Redux page[5], which is an effort to revamp the
current beat categories. We don't have to use the new setup for this
release, but even if we don't, help with defining the structure,
identifying specific components that belong in each category, and
writing introductions for categories is welcome.

Cheers,
Petr

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Documentation_beats
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/21/ChangeSet