Stale Docs Memberships

Pete Travis me at petetravis.com
Thu Jul 10 20:20:39 UTC 2014

On 07/10/2014 01:09 PM, Ben Cotton wrote:
> Speaking as a rather stale member, I think it makes sense to use the
> non-repsonsive maintainer policy[1] for guide owners. For revoking
> git-granting roles, 12 months seems like a good cutoff, since that's
> two (or at least one and then some) releases with no activity. The
> question is "what counts as activity"?
>
> I'd argue against FAS login, since that's not docs-related activity.
> Even if someone is super-active elsewhere, I'm not sure it makes sense
> to keep them in docs-{writers,publishers} without making a docs-ish
> contribution. What counts as docs participation? Obviously git
> commits, meeting attendance, docs mailing list posts, Release Notes
> wiki editing. Maybe also non-RN wiki editing, probably other things.
> Not all of these are easy to automate, of course, but that's an
> implementation detail.

 [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Policy_for_nonresponsive_package_maintainers :P

I like it.  The process works for other maintainers, it should for us too.

Most of anything people do within Fedora's infrastructure is on Fedmsg, so I asked in #fedora-apps and was pointed at datagrepper[2]. We can probably define a query that will show a given user's fedorahosted repo commits, wiki edits, or other things of relevance. Combine that with mailing list or irc activity  and we can come up with a fairy good picture  I'm not even sure that this merits automation, tbh, but  I won't stand in anyone's way

[2] https://apps.fedoraproject.org/datagrepper/raw?user=bcotton

--
-- Pete Travis
 - Fedora Docs Project Leader