RFC: Wiki Gardening... it's time to pull up the weeds

Eric H. Christensen sparks at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 20 17:47:40 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 11:30:11AM -0400, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> [...]

I'm not sure going through 10,000 wiki pages is an easy task.  If it were we would have been doing it all along and we wouldn't have ended up with so much cruft.

It's probably good to explain to the non-Docs folks all the disruption moving these pages to Archive: will cause.

1) Moving these pages to Archive: will leave a redirect in Main: so if anyone goes to the old path they will be automatically redirected to the new path.
2) Because these pages aren't being deleted the content will still be available to users.
3) Because these pages are just being moved to Archive: if anything needs to be moved back to Main: it's a fast and trivial process.
4) The only thing moving these files to Archive: does is removes them from the Main: space to help clean up that space and make search more productive.

Hope this helps explain the RFC better.

- -- Eric

Eric "Sparks" Christensen
Fedora Project

sparks at fedoraproject.org - sparks at redhat.com
097C 82C3 52DF C64A 50C2  E3A3 8076 ABDE 024B B3D1