multiboot draft

Leslie S Satenstein lsatenstein at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 13:46:27 UTC 2014

I am including a public link

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42050559/Grub%20Multiboot%20Edited.pdf

to the draft pdf version that I edited against the original that is on the web page for multiboot

My version is a touchup of that very good first draft.

It is an easier task to write with a tool like Libreoffice writer, and have a peer review your writing, with a back/forth checks. As well, LibreOffice writer includes a spell checker, resulting in fewer errors for a draft document.

By using LibreOffice writer, we can get more done in less time, and following updates and a peer review we can have a good quality document to migrate to docbook.

I do not believe that  the entire writing should be done within docbook.

If any of you would like me to edit review your writing for spelling and grammar, and to provide editing remarks, I will be happy to oblige. Send me a link

Regarding the multi-boot write-up, the author omitted two topics.  The role of os-prober and in some cases, a disk mapping file. The latter is found in /boot/grub2. Typical contents are:

cat /boot/grub2/device.map
# this device map was generated by anaconda
(hd0)      /dev/sde

Regards

 Leslie

Mr. Leslie Satenstein