Orphaning FreeIPA guide

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 11:01:47 UTC 2014

Hello all,

FreeIPA project is already for some time without sufficient resources to revive
and maintain our former long upstream user guide. We did not find enough
manpower either in FreeIPA developer nor our users community, so we decided to
stop maintaining it.

Detailed justification including links to mail threads in:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Upstream_User_Guide

I would like to avoid leaving any loose ends on Fedora Documentation project
side, do you have any recommendation for us? I already closed respective
Bugzillas and upstream Trac tickets with explanation. Should we also orphan the
guide in

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_meetings#Guides

or on any other locations? For starters, I think we should close the
"freeipa-guide" component of "Fedora Documentation" as nobody from our team
would be responding there.

Thanks for any advise.

--
Martin Kosek <mkosek at redhat.com>
Supervisor, Software Engineering - Identity Management Team