Publishing old guides

Pete Travis me at petetravis.com
Sun Apr 12 03:04:14 UTC 2015

I'm thinking about how stale we want to let a book get before we stop
publishing it.  Right now, the de-facto policy is to stop maintaining a
guide for a release when the release goes EOL, but on migrating to a new
publishing system, we'll have to decide if we want to republish
_everything_.

It seems like publishing the currently maintained versions, plus the
release under development, plus the most recently EOL'd release, should
be enough.   Early adopters are covered, stragglers are covered for
their upgrade, stubborn EOL users get the appropriate amount of support,
and nobody gets really stale, potentially incorrect or harmful
instructions.   I'm throwing this on the agenda to discuss at the next
meeting, if you can't make it, please reply here.

Also, is there some number of participants we consider a quorum for
voting during meetings?  We don't do a lot of voting, but it seems like
a good thing to establish.

--
-- Pete