Publishing old guides

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 29 14:42:22 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 08:04:03AM -0600, Pete Travis wrote:
> established in the open source community.  On the curation workflow,
> https://github.com/pypingou/pagure provides a web-based interface for
> change management and feature discussion.  It's built on gitolite, so we
> can have branch-based ACLs and other fun things that come with it.  Play
> around at http://dev.pagure.org/ with your FAS id.

One GitHub feature I think is absolutely critical here is the ability
to do web-based change suggestions (pull requests) via the web
interface, with no need for other tools or (much) special knowledge.
Just hit the edit button, make your change in the browser, and click a
few obscure-seeming-but-not-very-scary buttons.

[much snipped]

> Basically, there are lots of ideas to hash over and lots of opportunity
> to do something really awesome, and using a web based CMS seems to
> effectively limit us to "people opening a browser and typing in the
> browser window".

I don't think we should be limited to that, but I think we definitely
need to enable it.

I don't think Pagure has this feature — Pingou, do you have a rough
estimate of how much effort it would be to add? It looks like rel-eng
is committing to (at least trying) Pagure. I notice that
https://kallithea-scm.org/ has the edit-online feature.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>