Applying for membership in this group

Primož D. pajdo81 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 14:30:37 UTC 2015

Hello,

My name is Primož, I'm 34 years old and reside in Slovenia, EU. I have a
bachelor's degree in "Civil Engineering" (named differently here, but I was
told that that is probably the most appropriate expression in English) and
am currently unemployed. As far as my Linux experience goes, it is at
novice level currently, even though my first clash with Linux was back in
the late 90s when I installed Slackware on my computer, but back then, my
main interest was mostly IRC, using BitchX, and wasting absurd amounts of
time playing a MUD. After that, it was mostly Windows usage until a user on
Freenode suggested Fedora to me, which I did install and tried out for a
bit, but having to switch to Windows occasionally, the usage of Fedora
dwindled down until I had to do a full Windows reinstall due to hard drive
failure and never gotten around to installing Fedora alongside Windows
again. A week or so ago, I managed to utilize my sister's laptop for
testing purposes, and, after removing the obsolete Windows XP installation
on it, installed Fedora 22 Workstation i386 and am now using the laptop and
the OS for simple router usage, as well as learning about basic networking
and various options that come along with that. Since I'm currently
unemployed, the spare time amount is usually quite substantial, and after
another user on Freenode in #fedora pointed me to making a Fedoraproject
account to be able to "fix" a typo on a wiki page, I decided that I'll try
and give something back, because just by running Fedora on the laptop
enabled me to actually connect to the Internet at all, since Windows
doesn't want to recognize my USB modem for some reason, and that alone is
worth enough for me to return the "favor" back in any way I can. As far as
English language knowledge goes, written (typed), grammar and spelling wise
isn't really a problem for me, I consider myself fluent in the language,
owing that to a big number of English books I've read since my late
elementary school years. I'm not really sure how much activity is
expected/required from someone new joining the Docs project/new wiki
gardeners, but I'll try to do my best if I'm accepted and hopefully I can
contribute to something else to Fedoraproject in the future.
That's about it as far as basic introduction goes, if you have any other
questions while considering the application, don't hesitate to drop me a
line (wall).
Until next time, if not sooner, Primož