In need of remedial git/ssh help

Sandra McCann scmccann2000 at gmail.com
Tue May 12 16:24:27 UTC 2015

Hi folks -

I'm attempting to clean up the virt getting started guide but I can't
get...started :-P

Looking at this page:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs_Project_work_using_git

I'm trying to use ssh instead of https to clone the repository but I get
the following error:

git clone ssh://
mccann2 at git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/docs/virtualization-getting-started-guide.git/
Cloning into 'virtualization-getting-started-guide'...
fatal: protocol error: bad line length character: Inva

So then I tried without the username, and I get this error:
[sandra at f21 test]$ git clone ssh://
git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/docs/virtualization-getting-started-guide.git/
Cloning into 'virtualization-getting-started-guide'...
Permission denied (publickey).

and the repository exists.

Any clues what I may be doing wrong?

Thanks,