Open Help Conference 2015

Shaun McCance shaunm at gnome.org
Wed May 27 18:02:30 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-05-12 at 15:09 -0600, Pete Travis wrote:

> On May 12, 2015 1:39 PM, "Shaun McCance" <shaunm at gnome.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I wanted to let you know that the Open Help Conference is happening
> > again this year, Sept 26-27.
> >
> > http://conf.openhelp.cc/
> >
> > This will be year 5. It would be great to see some friendly Fedora
> faces
> > again. After the conference, we also host three days of team
> sprints.
> > Any team is welcome to join for a sprint. We supply the rooms and
> the
> > supplies. You supply the people.
> >
> > Let me know if you have any questions.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Shaun
> >

> > --
> >

> Thanks for the heads up, Shaun.  I can probably make room in my
> schedule this year.  If it looks like I'll be able to afford the trip,
> I'm game.
>
> It does look like an event to bring a *team* to, though.  Maybe we
> could organize a coinciding FAD?  I think it would be embarrassing to
> be a one-man team :P

Individuals are certainly welcome to attend. The conference portion is
stand-alone, and doesn't depend on the sprints. But we do like having
teams join for the sprints.

I'm a huge fan of doc sprints. I credit most of the success I had in the
GNOME docs team to our regular sprints. Not only do you get a lot done
during a sprint, but they're also great for building community. Having
them in a shared environment like Open Help means you can tap into the
collective wisdom of other sprinters. Plus, it's a lot of fun.

We have room for six teams this year, more than any previous year. If
you'd like to host one, I've found it's useful to email people to get
interest and set up a wiki page for planning. I can help with any
logistics.

--
Shaun