[efp-dev] Fedora 'giteclipse-fedorapackager' sponsor needed for jobo

Severin Gehwolf sgehwolf at redhat.com
Mon Jul 4 18:22:22 UTC 2011

Hi Jiannis,

On Mon, 2011-07-04 at 13:48 -0400, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> > Fedora user jobo <jbonatakis at gmail.com> has requested
> > membership for jobo in the giteclipse-fedorapackager group and needs a sponsor.
>
> Was this intentional?  We welcome new contributors with open arms but
> don't generally give commit bits until someone has offered some patches
> or gotten involved in the project.  Once you've offered some patches
> and/or helped with bug triage/reviews, we'd be happy to offer you
> commit rights!

I might add that the giteclipse-fedorapackager group is for managing
commit (i.e. push) permissions for the Fedora Packager for Eclipse
project[1][2]. If you wanted to contribute or get started on a local
development setup give us a shout. We'd be happy to help :)

We try to use Review Board[3] in order to review/discuss our work. In
case you are looking for inspirations as to what to work on see[4]. If
you are up for it, feel free to start hacking and toss up a review for
us. Please, do let us know if you do so.

As Andrew said, we'd be really happy to expand our developer
community :)

Cheers,
Severin

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/eclipse-fedorapackager
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Eclipse_Fedora_Packager_User_Guide
[3]
https://fedorahosted.org/eclipse-fedorapackager/wiki/ReviewBoardHowto
[4] Open tickets for our upcoming 0.2 release:
https://fedorahosted.org/eclipse-fedorapackager/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&milestone=0.2.0&order=priority