[Fedora-electronic-lab] Re: [Fedora Electronic Lab] #73: GTK GUI for Digital Gate Compiler

Mukund Sivaraman muks at banu.com
Wed Nov 25 21:05:40 UTC 2009

Hi Chitlesh

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 09:36:18PM +0100, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Shakthi Kannan wrote:
> > This particular task involves GTK+ C GUI programming. If anyone is
> > interested, please write to me.
>
> Hello Shakthi,
> can you claim ownership of the dgc space on sourceforge ?
>
> Also, "herb" is trying to be a better "alliance". Is it feasible to
> migrate the dgc sources to herb design flow?
> I think it would be a great win-only situation if "herb" can obsolete
> both dgc and alliance.
>
> Mukund (in CC;) is the prime developer behind Herb.
> Mukund, what do you think ?

DGC seems to be similar to SIS and Alliance's BOOG tool.  I'll take a
look at its sources in more detail. For Herb, we'd be using a simple
mapper to begin with.

Also, if you are looking to add more VLSI tools into FEL, you should
look at packaging the alternative Berkeley flow too.  I think some
tools such as Timberwolf are not available in Fedora yet.

http://www.opencircuitdesign.com/verilog/index.html

		Mukund