[Fedora-electronic-lab] Fedora boot up very slow

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Sat Nov 28 22:15:41 UTC 2009

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 12:48 PM, Tom varghese <> wrote:
> My fedora (FEL) boot up takes about 3 or 4 minutes to start up. I first
> thought that it is fedora OS specific. But other feodra users haven't any
> problem. I also can't hibernate. (I didn't do any update yet.)

Hello there,

It remains a fedora 'OS' specific issue and not FEL related. By
default software under FEL umbrella don't influence any boot
parameters.

It seems to be a computer hardware specific issue which possibly
hasn't gone under testing. Please report this to the fedora user
mailing list. Fedora OS developers are monitoring its traffic with
respect to hardware issues so that they can be fixed and push to
updates. Therefore it is wise to update your system regularly.

Kind regards,
Chitlesh