[fedora-electronic-lab] error from the FEL F12 live dvd 15 Jan release

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Sat Feb 6 08:08:07 UTC 2010

Hello there,
Since when did we released a _stable_ release on the 15 january ?

By the way, FEL's kernel is that same kernel you have on standard
fedora. If standard fedora's kernel is broken so is FEL's. However, on
stable releases, the kernel should just work find, unless instead of
doing electronics you are doing software.

Chitlesh

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 8:07 PM, Les Howell <hlhowell at pacbell.net> wrote:

> Hi, guys,
>     I have had a catastrophe and deserved it.  I was working on the system yesterday and got hit with a major power outage.  I had recently messed up my backup drive, and didn't realize it.  So now I am off line with no backup... ARGH!!.  However I have continued to work on the F12 stuff, as I attempt to recover my disk.
>
> Currently when I boot the f12 live disk I get a kernal panic.  I have attempted to send in the bugzilla's on those.  But today when I did shutdown to get a fix on the issues I am fighting, I got an error message that might be more help.
>
> It showed a full page of stuff that I couldn't read (font too small for my eyesight), but I used a magnifying glass and got the following at the first couple of lines:
>
> Kernel Bug at kernel/time/clockevents.c:262.  I don't have the sources, so I cannot look at this line yet.  Maybe once I get this main drive of mine rebuilt, or at least recover the few crucial files, I can provide more information.  For now I don't see much sense pursuing the FEL stuff until you guys get a look at the kernel stuff, and I get my drive rebuilt or rescue as many of the files as possible.
>
> Regards,
> Les H

Chitlesh GOORAH
Fedora Electronic Lab