[fedora-electronic-lab] Who is on board for FEL ?

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 13:11:02 UTC 2010

Hi,

--- On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Chitlesh GOORAH
<chitlesh at gmail.com> wrote:
| First, there is a Fedora Board email which asks spin owners some
| questions because Fedora for some reason wants to have a target
| audience. I'm severely behind all my mailing lists emails, to
| understand why now Fedora cares about some specific target. I thought
| Fedora was "make it happen, help others achieve something and provide
| quality opensource solutions".
\--

The best answer, IMO, would be to prove by continuing to provide
solutions, software to meet the needs of our end users
(embedded/hardware) ... (1)

---
| What I fear is surely microelectronics
| engineers will not be a target audience so would Fedora Board provide
| the same support to us (FEL contributors) ? Last time Fedora Project
| leader Paul Frields deleted (twice) FEL's 50 word paragraph from
| Fedora-12 Talking points because it was not targeting broad users. I'm
| pretty much less motivated by the recent attitude.
\--

(1).

---
| However, Alain came back to maintain piklab and friends, together with
| Les who wants to the microcontroller field forward, I would give all
| my support. Chris recently introduced himself for updating arm
| toolchain. I will definitely back him as well to help him get
| appropriate access to make thing happen.
\--

I have been quite busy with travelling in Finland, so haven't been
able to do much work, yet.  I have been following:

* the Arduino packaging discussion in their mailing list.
* updated Haskell platform for Chalmers' Lava2000 is available in
rawhide, but, I don't have it yet, or my system with me.
* Haven't heard anything from an intern who wanted to do GTK+
development on DGC GUI.
* Kansas Lava is yet to make a release. Same with GoodFET. I am
awaiting the first release from them.

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan