[free-electronic-lab] GUI Interface to import new .sym components.

chetan patil chtpatil at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 08:16:20 UTC 2011

Hi keith,

> I've only played with gschem off the FEL Live CD. I like
> QUCS as it's easy to use.
>
> How do you actually design a custom component with gEDA?
>
> Will the GUI also allow one to design the component
> onscreen, and then automatically generate the said .sym file
> from your design, then allow you to add that to the
> component libray?

Due to time constraint I did not designed any component.

This is what I did:
1) Went to this website : http://www.gedasymbols.org/
2) Searched my component which weren't in gschem.
3) Downloaded particular file and gave it .sym extension
4) Copied it to :  /usr/share/gEDA/sym/

I wanted to ask whether it is possible to have this procedure done with
gschem.
I am suggesting for an* Import Component Feature.*

You can design components in gschem : Here Is the
tutorial<http://ashwith.wordpress.com/2010/09/23/creating-your-own-symbols-in-gschem/>

Hope I cleared my view.

--
Thank You and Warm Regards,