[fedora-engineering-services] #24: Post weekly summary of "most active bugs" to devel/testing lists

Brad Hubbard brad at brand-hubs.com
Sun Jun 13 00:15:10 UTC 2010

jose manimala wrote:
> Please ignore this :)

I'm ignoring your request to ignore this :)

I have been monitoring the progress of #24 purely because it peeked my
interest and because I'm nosey :P

I have been wondering this.....

Since the best solution so far seems to be to scrape HTML pages to get
what we are looking for (maybe) and since this is less than ideal (at
least IMHO) I was wondering if we could get the Red Hat Bugzilla
engineers involved (maybe Mike or  Dennis could pull some strings from
their end) and get them to query Bugzilla's underlying database directly
and send us the output of the query? It is certainly far more
straightforward to craft an SQL query to do what we need than it is to
scrape pages, more efficient too.

These are just some thoughts, maybe I am missing something and there is
some bureaucratic reason why this can't happen.

Jose, this is in no way intended to criticise or belittle the work that
you have already done. It's just me thinking aloud.

Cheers,
Brad