SIG status?

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 01:55:27 UTC 2010

[lots of folks BCC'ed]

This is an email being sent to all SIG's that are listed on the SIG
page on the wiki.  I'm trying to find the individual that's the
"leader" of the SIG in order to avoid spamming mailing lists, but
sometimes, that's what is necessary.

I'm writing on behalf of the Fedora Engineering Service, a new group
within Fedora that acts on items submitted by FESCo that general
volunteers are not likely to accomplish because either they are more
administrative in nature, or there is a general disinterest in doing
it, generally because it's seen as "boring". The task that I am now
engaged in falls within that category :).

As FESCo has responsibility for SIG oversight in Fedora, I'm supposed
to figure out where each SIG stands in terms of their activities in
Fedora. Specifically, we have a few questions that we'd like answered
by each SIG leader:

1) Is your SIG still active? (if no, skip the remainder of the
questions, unless you feel that it could be active again, if only for
not having resources, etc)
2) Would your SIG be so kind as to provide monthly status reports to
either FESCo or the 'devel at lists.fedoraproject.org' mailing list?
Think of this not as a bureaucratic measure being imposed on you, but
more as what I call a "force multiplier" - a way to bring to the
forefront of the larger Fedora community what your SIG is doing and
why they might want to get involved in it.
3) Are there any resources that other teams in Fedora could provide
(design work for something, marketing outreach, documentation people,
IRC channel, mailing list - whatever you can think of, really) that
would be beneficial to your SIG?

Thanks for your time!
-Jon, for FES

NOTE - I'll be compiling responses in the publicly available FES
ticket - https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-engineering-services/ticket/2
- let me know if you don't want that and would rather I shared the
results with FESCo directly.