automatic packaging, tools goal

Tadej Janež tadej.janez at tadej.hicsalta.si
Tue Dec 3 12:00:32 UTC 2013

Marcela,

On Wed, 2013-11-27 at 15:48 +0100, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
> I guess we had a very productive conversation yesterday. I tried to sum
> up all ideas in my blogpost.

thank you for writing it down and giving it some structure.

> Do you thing we can create from those ideas
> our first goal for PRD?

Definitely. I'm not very familiar with how the PRDs are usually
structured and into how much detail they go, but I think we could build
on what you wrote.

> For next week we should pick another topic and discuss another big
> issue. Guidelines, documentation? Cartridges? Images and which kind of
> images (vagrant, docker.io)? I was trying to find out persons interested
> in these areas, but no luck yet.

Yes, agreed. There's been some discussion surrounding guidelines and
documentation on the ML, so maybe we can nail it down to some concrete
goals in the meeting.

I would add some other topics to your list:
1) Development environment(s). Actually, this would be something to do
with the first part of our WG's name. We can build on Slavek's idea and
try to define to what extent this is in the scope of our WG and how does
it complement/intersect with the goals of the Workstation WG.
2) Extension packages for multiple interpreters of dynamic languages.
Again, we can build on Slavek's idea.
3) SCLv2. I would like to discuss to what extent will this be a part of
our WG? What will be the role of other bodies, such as FPC?

Tadej