Fedora Server Use Cases Prioritization

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Fri Dec 20 12:47:23 UTC 2013

On 12/20/2013 04:46 AM, Marcela Maslanova wrote:
> [...]

Our definition of "easy" is intentionally vague here. I'm not sure on
which side of the fence we need to do the simple configuration and
deployment.

On the one hand, the Fedora Workstation will want to be able to
quickly and easily set up an application to work on. This might just
be a simple package/SCL like we have today. On the Fedora Server side,
we're going to want to be able to take an application built by Fedora
Workstation and deploy it (possibly in a continuous deployment
scenario). That might mean doing something more like OpenShift
cartridges, where the configuration is part of the definition of the
application.

We agreed in the meeting that before we made that a formal piece of
the Server WG, we would consult with the Env/Stacks group on what
options we could have to implement it.