Charter

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Thu Nov 7 09:14:43 UTC 2013

> I also see a bit too much ambiguity in "Environment & Stacks" -- I can
> imagine bunch of things behind such a term, so it doesn't seem like a
> bad idea to define these a bit more concrete as well.
>
> What comes to my mind is something like: "Environment or a stack is
> often related to group of packages that need to be treated somehow
> differently or using some common principles, where general policies are
> not sufficient any more."

I'd like to hear more about this: can someone talk more about
the background to the WG name and what is it alluding to actually?

Environment suggests the general system (devel) libraries and tools?
Whereas stacks seems to refer to more to specific library families versions
for specific language versions?

I would like to understand what led to the formation of this WG better.
I think the WG is completely necessary :) but it could help to understand
our direction and mission better.  I think part of the reason for this WG
is for helping to define and create so-called Fedora Tier 2.

Jens