Governance vs. Charter

Tadej Janež tadej.janez at tadej.hicsalta.si
Mon Nov 11 00:40:45 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-11-07 at 10:31 -0500, John Dulaney wrote:

> > (My personal leaning at the moment -- Do not take on the approval of
> > new SCLs. Do implement term limits).
> > -Toshio
>
> I am surely +1 on not taking on approving SCLs.

My view is more along these lines: SCLs are something that would have
been developed/implemented as part of our WG to enable co-existence of
otherwise incompatible software stacks, if our WG existed back then.
I'm not sure about approving/rejecting individual SCLs... it seems
similar to FPC approving/rejecting individual rpm packages?

Tadej