Open Questions - distinguish packages

Tadej Janež tadej.janez at tadej.hicsalta.si
Tue Apr 1 11:00:32 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-03-26 at 14:54 -0400, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
> How do we distinguish packages in the Playground repo from those in the
> Fedora's main repo?
>
> Proposal:
> Do not try to distinguish them. Rpmfusion packages also don't have
> different dist tag. You can find out if really want to by rpm -something
> or check key, which will be also different.

+1.

One thing that will lessen the need for distinguishing the packages is
that the Playground repo will not provide newer versions of existing
packages in the main repository (BTW, have we reached consensus on that
yet?). Hence, there will be no problems with improperly filed bug
reports in Bugzilla (as can be the case with COPRs).

The way Copr solves the problem of distinguishing the packages is by
providing a custom Vendor tag of the form:
Fedora Project COPR (<user>/<project>)

Maybe we could also use the same system and go with something like:
Fedora Project Playground repository
What do you think?

Of course, the signing key will also be different.

Tadej