Open Questions - distinguish packages

Tadej Janež tadej.janez at tadej.hicsalta.si
Tue Apr 1 11:15:33 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-03-26 at 15:13 -0400, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
> It's close to next question:
> Does the review differ depending on who is building the package (cla+1
> vs in the packager group)?
> Let's say all Playground repositories packagers has to have cla+1, which
> means they know enough about Legal, so they have to have it right.

As I argued previously, I wish the review would encompass a little more
checks that just making sure that the package passes the Licensing
guidelines/policy.

Also, if we decide to go with the (semi)automatic reviews, the automatic
part of the review wouldn't need differ depending on the packager since
we would get it for *free* (i.e. very quickly).
The (smaller) manual part could differ. For example, a packager could do
a self-review if he has cla+1, otherwise he would need a review by some
other packager with cla+1.

Tadej