Playground DNF plugin

Miroslav Suchy msuchy at redhat.com
Tue Apr 15 13:05:41 UTC 2014

Hi,
I created first prototype of Playground repo (you know - release early...).

The playground repo is just set of Copr repositories. I.e. some Copr
projects can have attribute "playground" set to true (currently no
interface, only directly in DB). I choosed randomly several projects and
set the flag to true.

There is an API call to get list of those projects:
http://copr.fedoraproject.org/api/playground/list/
(currently undocumented, because I plan to make some changes).

I wrote DNF plugin (based on Copr DNF plugin). You can test it by:
curl
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/akozumpl/dnf-plugins-core/master/plugins/copr.py
> /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dnf-plugins/copr.py

and you can do:
 dnf playground enable
which will enable all Copr project, which are marked as part of
Playground and store them in
/etc/yum.repos.d/_playground_<owner>_<projectname>.repo
and:
 dnf playground upgrade
which will fetch new repos (by removing all old repos and fetch all
playground repos).
and:
 dnf playground disable
which will delete all /etc/yum.repos.d/_playground_*.repo

As I said, this is first prototype (although functional) and it have
some glitches. But you can get the idea.

Is this the path we want to follow? Questions? Comments?

Mirek Suchy