Allow to delete builds/coprs from playground? (was: Re: Meeting minute from Env-and-Stacks WG meeting (2014-04-15))

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Tue Apr 15 15:09:02 UTC 2014

On 04/15/2014 04:22 PM, Marcela Mašláňová wrote:
> #fedora-meeting: Env and Stacks (2014-04-15)
>

> Meeting started by mmaslano at 12:01:12 UTC. The full logs are available
> at
> http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2014-04-15/env-and-stacks.2014-04-15-12.01.log.html
>
> .
>

> Meeting summary
> ---------------
> * init process  (mmaslano, 12:01:30)
>    * LINK:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Workstation_Enable_Software_Collections
>
>      (jreznik, 12:10:17)
>
> * Playground repository  (tjanez, 12:32:45)
>    * LINK: https://github.com/fedora-haskell/common/blob/master/common.mk
>      very low-tech :)  (juhp, 13:53:18)
>    * ACTION: hhorak will add an item to the playground open questions
>      about deleting the packages/builds already introduced in playground
>      and will send the summary of the irc discussion to the mailing list
>      to continue  (hhorak, 14:04:32)

Added to open questions:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Env_and_Stacks/Playground_repository_%28draft%29#Open_Questions

And these are actually the comments from today's meeting worth keeping
in mind:
* people install packages and later then we are not able to find the
source for those packages
* disc space for copr builds is very limited
* rawhide deletes old builds as well but we can always find the source
in dist-git (not possible in copr)
* keeping only srpms could be enough (for me personally it seems like
the compromise)
* we're not sure if deleting packages in playground would violate GPL
(legal list CC'd and the question could be -- "Is it violation of GPL if
we offer RPMs and SRPMs at some point and delete them after some time?"
-- now it seems like common scenario, happening every day, but rather
asking to be sure)

Regards,
Honza