Proposal for every WG to send a short summary *to other WGs directly*

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Aug 26 15:42:03 UTC 2014

On Tue, 26 Aug 2014 16:46:40 +0200
Honza Horak <hhorak at redhat.com> wrote:

...snip...

I'm not against each group doing a summary, but as noted by Josh,
sometimes the summaries are very repetitive ( ...still working on
implemeting roles... etc)

> List of proposed MLs to send this summary to:
> server at lists.fedoraproject.org
> desktop at lists.fedoraproject.org
> cloud at lists.fedoraproject.org
> env-and-stacks at lists.fedoraproject.org
> devel at lists.fedoraproject.org

This is turning into my new pet peeve. ;)

Cross posting to bunches of lists is not a good idea, IMHO.

* It means the person posting the summary has to be subscribed to every
  single list they are sending to.
* It means if anyone hits reply to all they have to be subscribed to
  every single list or deal with rejections/bounces/moderation.

I think the best thing would be to mail just one list: devel.

Failing that, I think the best way we can do cross posting right now is
for people to send seperate copies of an email to each list they want
to post to, follow discussion on all those lists, and then do another
sum up post if there's important feedback from only one list.

> Comments, ideas or better solutions are welcome as usually, but I
> might be offline until Sunday, so do not expect any answers from me
> in that time :)

Fair enough.

kevin