Proposal for every WG to send a short summary *to other WGs directly*

Miloslav Trmač mitr at redhat.com
Tue Aug 26 15:02:08 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> I don't have any major objections to this, but I will note that
> reports stopped being sent to FESCo because at some point they were
> kind of redundant.  "Still working on thing X" every week isn't really
> something that needs to be sent.  So I would avoid a weekly deadline
> and maybe just post minutes/summaries of the meetings the groups have
> when there is actually something to communicate.

It seems to me that what we technically need, and what would solve this problem as well, is to have the meeting minutes be actually useful.  As great as meetbot is, it takes effort to use it to produce really good meeting minutes, and the default output has a lot of output that makes everyone’s eyes glaze over.

Ultimately the solution to both the reports and meetbot is the same—human editing—but I guess that a good summary for other WGs would be more or less equivalent to good meeting minutes (assuming that the obviously internal-only “implementation status” topics would be easy to recognize and skip)
    Mirek