Meeting minutes from Env-and-Stacks WG meeting (2014-12-10)

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Wed Dec 10 14:32:56 UTC 2014

#fedora-meeting: Env and Stacks (2014-12-10)

Meeting started by hhorak at 12:01:52 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2014-12-10/env-and-stacks.2014-12-10-12.01.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* welcoming...  (hhorak, 12:02:19)

* Follow-up: languages repositories  (hhorak, 12:03:52)
   * devpi was chosen for proof-of-concept just because it was first on
     mind, but it might be pulp in the future  (hhorak, 12:09:00)
   * devpi doesn't allow saying "these packages can't be mirrored"; a bug
     upstream is opened, work in progress  (hhorak, 12:12:32)
   * PoC with devpi makes sense, since it's already native to the Python
     ecosystem and hence avoids Pulp plugin limitations as a potentially
     confounding factor; thus let's keep working on the devpi pilot and
     also keep an eye on pulp_python  (hhorak, 12:18:07)
   * good news is, that if something is *in* our devpi instance, devpi
     won't update it from pypi unless we tell it to using pypi_whitelist
     (hhorak, 12:23:27)
   * LINK:

https://bitbucket.org/hpk42/devpi/issue/198/whitelisting-packages-that-can-be-mirrored
     (hhorak, 12:26:17)
   * ACTION: bkabrda will list requirements/news learned for devpi on the
     LSR project page  (hhorak, 12:30:03)
   * ACTION: bkabrda will prepare a draft document about what/how we want
     to mirror/prebuild on the pilot devpi instance  (bkabrda, 12:32:01)
   * ACTION: bkabrda will find out whether devpi can mirror pulp's
     pulp_python repo  (bkabrda, 12:44:31)
   * LINK: http://doc.devpi.net/latest/quickstart-releaseprocess.html
     (hhorak, 12:53:35)

* Follow-up:SCLs  (hhorak, 12:54:33)

Meeting ended at 13:20:46 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* bkabrda will list requirements/news learned for devpi on the LSR
   project page
* bkabrda will prepare a draft document about what/how we want to
   mirror/prebuild on the pilot devpi instance
* bkabrda will find out whether devpi can mirror pulp's pulp_python repo

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* bkabrda
   * bkabrda will list requirements/news learned for devpi on the LSR
     project page
   * bkabrda will prepare a draft document about what/how we want to
     mirror/prebuild on the pilot devpi instance
   * bkabrda will find out whether devpi can mirror pulp's pulp_python
     repo
* **UNASSIGNED**
   * (none)

People Present (lines said)